As Ecommerce Manager you will have the day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the website is performing to its full potential, reducing any frictions for the customer and trading the site to deliver the budgeted sales numbers. You’ll use data and analytics to gain actionable insight to deliver the optimum customer journey through the conversion funnel and work alongside the product and marketing teams to amplify and maximise the product potential.
- Responsible for the planning and trading of the site, ensuring all digital KPI’s are considered and optimised
- Accountable for ecommerce trade reporting
- Optimising PLPs, PDPs and search to ensure a seamless journey, increasing conversion rates and reducing exit rates
- Clearly understand the brand’s core customer (demographic, lifestyle etc.) and their behaviour across the site, considering this in every decision
- Use analytical tools to provide insight into site performance and identify areas of opportunity, developing an AB testing strategy across algorithms and site enhancements and suggesting ideas to improve site performance and optimising the customer experience
- Ensuring all devices are optimised to deliver the best possible journey for the customer
- Working closely with the digital marketing team to provide insight into customer behaviour and product insight to support marketing campaigns across the channels
- Ensuring that the critical path to launching new product is managed seamlessly and efficiently to ensure there is no delay to products launches, and owning site audits ensuring products sit within the correct categories and can be easily navigated to
- Responsible for managing the web development agency and working closely with all E-comm agencies to ensure service level agreements are achieved
- Supporting on any technical projects with testing and integrations on new technology as they occur
- Regularly undertaking competitor analysis, using your findings to highlight and act on any ideas, opportunities or concerns
- Demonstrate strong people management to lead a high-performing and efficient team of two: E-Comm Coordinator and Production Assistant
- You have previously worked in a similar size fashion business at manager level in which you were accountable for ecommerce trade reporting
- You’re highly numerate and analytical but also able to visually optimise the website
- You are proactive at interrogating all data it to identify risks and opportunities, and devising action plans and resolutions for these
- You’re a strong line manager to a team of 4 or more, with the ability to motivate and develop your team to drive results, and a great colleague to those you work with
- You have proven experience managing external agencies and developers
- You’re resilient – able to adapt, respond and effectively lead your team through challenges
- You have managed large projects and you’re brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards
- You have a good understanding of GDPR and how to handle customer data
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Possibility to progress as the business rapidly grows
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.