TO APPLY: email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.
RIXO is a successful, rapidly expanding premium fashion brand and is developing its finance team to meet future growth targets. We are looking for an ambitious Financial Controller to support us in building a best-in-class finance function. In this exciting newly created role, you’ll fully own the day to day running and development of a growing finance function in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You will report into our CFO, and be based from our new headquarters in West London.
For this role, you must be a qualified accountant with first time passes and have at least 2 years’ experience as a Head of Finance or Financial Controller, preferably within an owner managed business, and be able to demonstrate good knowledge of the process required to make a best-in-class function.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Day to day management of an evolving finance team
- All routine financial activities (accounts / reporting, treasury, revenue reporting, international tax compliance, statutory audit) and delivering to SLA’s
- Financial analysis for commercial decision making
- Control of cost and regular reviews with budget holders
- Budgeting and forecasting for the cost base
- Ad hoc project work including quality close process
- Driving a continuous improvement mentality and drive the development of scalable, automated processes across the business
- Supporting systems development / effective processes.
Who you are, and what you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- You’ll be recognised as a “Team Player”
- You’ll be a natural leader of people, focused on developing teams and retaining great talent
- You are flexible and proactive, able to drive improvements through to completion
- You have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, and an outwardly focused, continuous improvement mindset
- You can work under pressure and are deadline driven
- You have excellent communication skills, and exercise good judgement
- You have a proven ability to build open and honest relationships, and have a “one team” mentality
- You’ll have a passion for retail and fashion in particular, and a desire to work in a fast-moving growth environment
- You’ll get real satisfaction our of making a positive difference to the wider business, not just within finance
- Whilst being in a controllership role, you’ll have or already be developing a sharp commercial mindset.
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience with NetSuite and experience of optimising NS
- Having experience of international trade
- Working in the Fashion Industry, and,
- Having excellent Excel and wider systems skills.
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear feminine shapes, and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality, or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
We are planning to grow the business at real pace over the next 3 years and are in the process of putting the team in place to deliver. You can be part of that story!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Possibility to progress as the business rapidly grows
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.