RIXO’s story began in the London living room of best friends Henrietta & Orlagh, born from their passion for vintage. The brand’s philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all their wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, RIXO create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, shape, nationality or time of day.
Our mission? To inspire & empower a global community of #HUMANSOFRIXO to be the best version of themselves & dress happy!
Our values guide everything we do. As a team we are savvy, real, humble, curious and always positive.
RIXO IS LOOKING FOR A JUNIOR GARMENT TECH
Location- Central London
Hours- Full Time
Salary- Competitive Base + Commission and Benefits
This is an opportunity for someone looking to take their first step as a Garment Technologist or with entry level experience. Working with the support of Senior Technologist and in conjunction with the design and buying team you will be a core part of the team who will ensure RIXO’s fit will improve to a high standard as we grow as a business.
Responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Work closely with design team on the development of new product across Rixo multi product ranges: soft separates, outerwear, swimwear, Knitwear & Denim.
- Assist the design team on measurements for first technical specification of styles to achieve the best possible fit and aesthetics on the initial proto samples
- Streamline and archive key block measurements across RIXO body, neckline, armhole/sleeve constructions
- Communicating with suppliers on sample issues.
- Note taking and support in-put during fit sessions.
- Ownership of all fit sessions from the measuring the garments before fit sessions, taking fit comments during the fit session, updating style files accurately then end clear and concise comments to the factories.
- Updating the technical critical path and liaising with suppliers regarding the sample’s submission.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding the submission of test reports, fabric composition and wash care instructions.
- Responsible for updating internal systems/liaising with correct teams with all above information.
- Monitoring quality, through Garment inspection shipment samples, visiting store and warehouse, highlighting quality issues to the design team.
- General technical admin duty to support Senior garment technologist.
The right candidate must have:
- Good knowledge/understanding of -pattern cutting and garment construction.
- Super keen to learn and grow within the role – lots of room for progression!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interested and passionate in pursuing a career in the technical side of fashion.
- Obsessed with garments flattering the body and creating the best fit to achieve this
- Good communication skills, positive, a can-do attitude and solution driven.
- Team player capable of working under pressure to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail